Online Collaboration - A way you need try π«ππ¬ - Twiddla
(source: https://www.58pic.com/)
Today, we are going to talk about collaboration.
First of all, there is a question for you.
Why is collaboration important?
πΊLimitations
❤️ If you enjoy this website or find it useful to your language classes, please give me some comments or share your experience.
If you consider it has other drawbacks, please let me know. ❤️
Obviously, there are also other interesting functions in this website. Please navigate and explore by yourself. You must love it! ❤️
πΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉ
ππ»More cooperative learning websites about languages need your exploration.
Today, we are going to talk about collaboration.
First of all, there is a question for you.
Why is collaboration important?
(source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnjJpa1LBOY)
π
Collaboration is very important for a group or a team. A good way to cooperate can lead to a success.
With the development of technology, there are an increasing number of new ways to work with others. As an effective tool, there is no doubt that online collaboration has attracted people's attention.
Today, the website I want to recommend is about collaboration.
πΊTwiddlaπΊ
What is Twiddla?
Twiddla (https://www.twiddla.com/) can be regarded as an online collaboration tool, which provides the function of the whiteboard for participants. In this website, participants can interact or discuss with their colleagues or mates online.
Teachers and teachers, teachers and students or students and students can use this website to interact with each other to complete their work or tasks.
How do people use it in language learning?
πΊ As a language teacher, you could always need a whiteboard to teach or record. Using Twiddla as a online whiteboard is a tool for the long-distance teaching. Teachers can share the link of the whiteboard which they created.
πΊAs a member of teaching group or students group, you may need a meeting to share and receive information from other people in you group but you must have time and place to meet each other. It is a challenge for the long-distance meeting. Twiddla is a platform website for people to have a meeting and share their ideas.
πΊ How do people discuss in Twiddla?
There are five most important functions of this tool.
1️⃣ This effective tool can provide you a platform to write your ideas or insert a photo, which can help you to interpret.
2️⃣ Drawing a picture or changing the colors of your words are also important when you want to emphasize some ideas or words.
3️⃣ It is noteworthy that you can also insert a file to show to others. Sometimes, you need to add some comments on this file by adding sticky notes or images.
4️⃣ Last but not least, Twiddla is a comprehensive whiteboard which can add the mathematical formulas. It is useful for science teachers or students to use whiteboard to discuss about formulas.
πΊ5️⃣ You can type texts you want to share and you can design the front the size.
π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘
Judy's ideas about Twiddla
After knowing the relevant information and contents of Twiddla, I prefer to share some merits and limitations in my mind.
After knowing the relevant information and contents of Twiddla, I prefer to share some merits and limitations in my mind.
πΊMerits
1️⃣ Twiddla can provide a whiteboard for teachers who have a number of online students. Compared with the traditional students, Twiddla helps teachers to deliver the knowledge to more students, even people don't need to log in.
(ππ»I found I could share my ideas to many people, once they were invited into this whiteboard.)
2️⃣ People who have a phone or a computer can begin their collaboration without any materials. It is a great help for people who don't have time to have a face-to-face meeting. People can search the information online and share them directly.
3️⃣ Every members in the same whiteboard can share their ideas, which means this tool is an immediate shared whiteboard. The shared whiteboard enables every people to have an opportunity to share ideas and lead the meeting.
3️⃣ Every members in the same whiteboard can share their ideas, which means this tool is an immediate shared whiteboard. The shared whiteboard enables every people to have an opportunity to share ideas and lead the meeting.
(In my experience, all my group members and I discussed the task and shared our ideas in Twiddla. It is a wonderful tool which can help us to avoid the embarrassing situations because no one can know the source of every words. For example, I was shy but I typed some useful ideas on the whiteboard. If I don't tell my group members I put up some ideas, they would never know who types these ideas. )
πΊLimitations
1️⃣ If you are not a person who can insist in the autonomous learning, Twiddla can be a tool where you can hide yourself. Maybe some people would like to listen others' ideas instead of showing their own opinions.
2️⃣ The various functions can be seen as a factor to distract your attention. (When I had a meeting with our group members, we often draw some interesting pictures on the whiteboard, which could a factor to prolong our meeting or make our meeting ineffectively.) Therefore it is important to keep the balance between the merits and disadvantages of online collaboration.
π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘π‘
❤️ If you enjoy this website or find it useful to your language classes, please give me some comments or share your experience.
If you consider it has other drawbacks, please let me know. ❤️
Obviously, there are also other interesting functions in this website. Please navigate and explore by yourself. You must love it! ❤️
πΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉπΉ
ππ»More cooperative learning websites about languages need your exploration.
http://www.tricider.com/home
https://vialogues.com/https://voicethread.com/https://stormboard.com/ https://padlet.com/https://www.mindmeister.com/
https://draftin.com/https://conceptboard.com/
https://vialogues.com/https://voicethread.com/https://stormboard.com/ https://padlet.com/https://www.mindmeister.com/
https://draftin.com/https://conceptboard.com/









Hi, Judy. I really like the beginning part of this blog. A short video explaining the importance of teamwork gives the post a relaxed atmosphere, and it also gives readers a good reason of why they should try out this particular website. Hope to see more posts from you.
ReplyDeleteThank you Yueling! Teamwork is an important method to help us to solve problems. This website is really useful for cooperative learning! I will try my best to publish more posts! Hope you like it!
DeleteHalo Judy, it is very impressive of your blog. It is well-organized and the color design is very helpful for reader to recognize each part. I like it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment, Shuting! I like colorful layout haha!
DeleteGood job Judy, I really enjoy your informative and well-organized post. Now I can use Twiddla by following your instructions step by step. I do agree with you that this tool is create a collaborative learning environment for learners!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment, Dolores! I'm so glad to share my ideas with you! By the way, I really learned a lot from your blog!
Delete